To submit a film for the CinEast 2015, please use the FilmFestivalLife platform.
The submission deadline is 30 June 2015.
Make sure that your submission complies with the conditions stipulated in the following regulations:
- 1. The Central and Eastern European Film Festival "CinEast" is organised by the association CinEast asbl, registered in RCS Luxembourg.
- 2. The 8th edition of CinEast will take place from 8 to 25 October 2015.
- 1. The films eligible for the selection should meet the following criteria:
- 1.1. films made by directors from the following countries: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, FYROM, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine. Exceptionally, other films having a strong connection to the mentioned countries can be considered;
- 1.2. completed in 2015 and 2014 (exceptionally, films completed in 2013 can be also qualified);
- 1.3. with English and/or French subtitles (or in English/French);
- 1.4. both full-length and short films (fiction, animated and documentary) can be submitted.
- 2. Only the entrants whose films were selected will be notified, as we are not able to inform individual applicants about the rejection nor its reason.
- 1. Only feature films (with running time >60 minutes) will be considered for the official competition.
- 2. The Jury appointed by the Festival's organisers will award the Grand Prix to the chosen film. It may also award The Special Jury Prize.
- 3. The repetition of the awarded films will take place during the last day of the festival.
Short films competition
- 1. Audience awards will be awarded in each of the three short films categories - short fiction, documentary and animation. The audience present at the short films screenings will decide on the winners of: the Audience Award for the Best Short Fiction Film; the Audience Award for the Best Short Animated Film; and the Audience Award for the Best Short Documentary Film.
- 2. The films should not be longer than 40 minutes.
- 1. Films may be submitted electronically via the FilmFesttivalLife (FFL) platform only.
- 2. The submission deadline is 30 June 2015.
- 3. There is no entry fee.
- 4. The person submitting the film gives their permission to screen the film during the Festival and during other events promoting the Festival arranged by the organiser.
- 6. The Festival reserves the right to invite a film which was not submitted to the Festival.
- 1. The film copies (selected films) should arrive to the Festival's office by September 20th at the latest.
- 2. The prints with films in the official competition have to remain at the Festival's disposal until the closing of the festival, to ensure the repetition of the winning film on the last day of the festival.
- 3. All the prints will be returned within two weeks following the closing of the Festival.
- 4. If not agreed otherwise, the cost of the outbound shipment of the print can be covered by the Festival only if the print is not travelling along a chain of festivals. If that is the case, the Festival only covers the cost of the inbound shipment (to Luxembourg).
Submitting a film to the CinEast Film Festival is equivalent to the acceptance of the conditions set out in the above Regulations.