To submit a film for the CinEast 2014, we strongly encourage using the FilmFestivalLife platform.
If this is impossible for you, please fill in the Entry Form available here.
The submission deadline is 30 June 2014.
Make sure that your submission complies with the conditions stipulated in the following regulations:
- 1. The Central and Eastern European Film Festival "CinEast" is organised by the association CinEast asbl, registered at 1 Rue Paul Medinger, L-2142 Luxembourg, Luxembourg.
- 2. The 7th edition of CinEast will take place from 9 to 26 October 2014.
- 1. The films eligible for the selection should meet the following criteria:
- 1.1. films made by directors from the following countries: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, FYROM, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia. Exceptionally, other films having a strong connection to the mentioned countries can be considered;
- 1.2. completed in 2014 and 2013 (exceptionally, films completed in 2012 can be also qualified);
- 1.3. with English and/or French subtitles (or in English/French);
- 1.4. both full-length and short films (feature, animated and documentary) can be submitted.
- 2. Only the entrants whose films were selected will be notified, as we are not able to inform individual applicants about the rejection nor its reason.
- 1. Only feature films (with running time >60 minutes) will be considered for the official competition.
- 2. The Jury appointed by the Festival's organisers will award the Grand Prix to the chosen film. It may also award The Special Jury Prize.
- 3. The repetition of the awarded films will take place during the last day of the festival.
Short films competition
- 1. Audience awards will be awarded in each of the three short films categories - short feature, documentary and animation. The audience present at the short films screenings will decide on the winners of: the Audience Award for the Best Short Feature Film; the Audience Award for the Best Short Animated Film; and the Audience Award for the Best Short Documentary Film.
- 2. The films should not be longer than 40 minutes.
- 1. There are three possible ways to submit a film to the Festival:
- a) Online submission through FilmFesttivalLife platform;
- b) Submissions with online screeners (video link with no expiration date) must be sent via email - the completed Entry Form, its attachments and screener streaming link must be sent by e-mail to email@example.com;
- c) Submissions with DVD screeners (labeled with the titles used on the Entry Form) must be sent to the following address: CinEast Film Festival, 1 Rue Jean-Pierre Koenig, L-1865, Luxembourg, Luxembourg (this option applies to feature films only).
- 2. The submission deadline is 30 June 2014.
- 3. There is no entry fee.
- 4. The DVD screeners and any other material submitted will be archived by CinEast festival and will not be returned.
- 5. The person submitting the film gives their permission to screen the film during the Festival and during other events promoting the Festival arranged by the organiser.
- 6. The Festival reserves the right to invite a film which was not submitted to the Festival.
- 1. The film copies (selected films) should arrive to the Festival's office by September 20th at the latest.
- 2. The prints with films in the official competition have to remain at the Festival's disposal until the closing of the festival, to ensure the repetition of the winning film on the last day of the festival.
- 3. All the prints will be returned within two weeks following the closing of the Festival.
- 4. If not agreed otherwise, the cost of the outbound shipment of the print can be covered by the Festival only if the print is not travelling along a chain of festivals. If that is the case, the Festival only covers the cost of the inbound shipment (to Luxembourg).
Submitting a film to the CinEast Film Festival is equivalent to the acceptance of the conditions set out in the above Regulations.Back to top